Workshops are focused to people wanting to have a complete overview on the keys of the method in order to later adapt to its own work and environment. Even attending a workshop, the learning curve will follow once comeback to the practiser own atelier. The whole method must be adapted to a given facilities and tools. Beyond the photographic part of the process, printmaking is a non short time learned skill.
- The workshops are conceived for a unique attendant.
- There is not an scheduled calendar.
- Three complete days on accorded date.
From the diverse nowadays options for Photogravure on Copperplate (Héliogravure), my work is based on:
- Digital image coming from a digital camera or scanned photographic film.
- Inkjet printed positives on Pictorico transparency film (EPSON printer + Quad Tone RIP).
- Screen aquatint. Digitally self prepared and filmed on high contrast photographic film. I have no experience in grain aquatint, nor have grain box at workshop.
- Dragon Gravure carbon tissue
- Potassium Bichromate as a sensitizer.
- Mirror polished copperplate.
- Etching in Iron (III) Chloride.
A succinct list of the subjects treated is as follows:
- Brief History of Photogravure on Copperplate (Héliogravure).
- Brief theory about the current process.
- Preparation of the image file.
- Printing positive transparencies intended for Photogravure on Copperplate (Héliogravure).
- Sensitizing the carbon tissue.
- Cleaning and preparing the copperplate.
- Screen aquatint for photogravure on copperplate.
- Exposing the carbon tissue though the screen.
- Exposing the carbon tissue through the positive transparency.
- Lay-down the carbon tissue on the copperplate.
- Washing (developing) the adhered carbon tissue.
- Etching dilutions of Iron (III) Chloride.
- Etching process and preparing the plate to the printing step.
- Inking and wiping the etched plate.
- Printing though the etching press.
- Analysing results.
- Inks and papers, a wide opportunity to interpretation.
- Bibliography. An overview on published books and articles.
- Several PDF files are provided to the attendant for future review.
Being my atelier located in a little village (Estada, Huesca, Spain), without any intended service for visitors, I offer a pack with workshop, accommodation and meals. Accommodation encompasses one bedroom with two separate single beds and private bathroom. Meals can be adjusted to any reasonable preference. Out of the village and driving five to ten Km, there are several tourist accommodation and restaurant options. My native languages are Spanish and Catalan and I reasonably communicate in English and French. Interested, please send private message inquiring for details on travelling and fee (Contact Me).